Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The stuff dreams (and nightmares) are made of

You know what takes you average paper Halloween decorations from the dollar store and turns them into the kind of thing that will keep children up at night?

Googly eyes.  

Take this cute paper pumpkin cut-out

 
And bam!

 
Just like that we've ensured that Claire won't sleep through the night for the next month


The eyes on teeth?  That's nightmare material people.

Last night we went to the dollar store and it was already pretty well cleaned out. We did find crepe paper, the last pack of pumpkin cut-outs and googly eyes.  Luckily that was enough.



For those of you who want to recreate the look I just used hot glue.  If you have dark pictures (like most of mine) you may need to slip some white paper behind the crepe paper so that you can see (which is what I did on that second picture). 

I will also suggest that the eyes are best if glued on by someone aged 3-4 who has no set concept of how far apart eyes are--or even that they typically come in pairs. 

1 comment:

  1. I want to come and play at your spooky house. I love these decorations and were I not so lazy I would for sure recreate this in my own home.

    ReplyDelete