Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Baby Magic

This morning as I was getting out of the shower I turned to Noah, who had been trying to jump in the shower with me the whole time {BTW--that may seem odd to those of you who get to bathe all alone--just know that there is a whole section of the population who hasn't had a shower without someone banging on the door or pulling aside the curtain in a long time}, and I said, "Noah, get me my towel."  He turned to get the one off the rod in the bathroom and I said, "No, the one with the polka dots by the sink."  He looked confused and I pointed to the towel that I wanted.  He turned around, pulled it off the counter and handed it to me.

You have these babies and then one day you turn around and they know what you're saying and they hand you a towel at the end of your shower. And they have the tiniest pudgie bodies that toddle all around the house.  And...It sounds crazy but it's a little magic.

We have been loving that magic lately.  Noah is irresistible--he runs around the house pulling things off of counters and generally making a mess.  His favorite game is when you pretend you're a monster and you chase him around.  He runs as fast as he can (which isn't really that fast but it involves some serious leg-pumping) and when you catch him you tickle his tummy and he erupts in laughter.  The best part is that when he wants you to play he makes a roaring noise like a monster--then he expects you to chase him.

And in a non-sequitur it turns out that kids who don't know any better love playing in the snow on a 10ft porch just as much as playing in a yard.

watching the snow fall 




No comments:

Post a Comment