Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A weekend outdoors

I work Saturday afternoons which I both love and hate. I hate interrupting one of the only free days I have with my family, but I love working. I love getting away from my house and talking about academic things. 

Luckily I don't have to worry too much about destroying family time because the Hubbs is an excellent man and is so good to our kids. This week he took them canoeing.


On Sunday afternoon we went for a walk in VanCortlandt Park. It's high lead season around here and it was hard to not try to take pictures every second


5 minutes into our walk Claire slipped while she was throwing sticks into the pond and fell right in. She was such a good sport. She cried for a few seconds out of shock and then just said, "darn it.  I did not want to fall."  Luckily she had shorts on under her pants. They were still wet but not as wet.





No comments:

Post a Comment