Monday, February 27, 2012

my view this morning

First thing this morning I had a email from my dad that went a little like this.

This is the view from the balcony outside our bedroom, with the Mediterranean and Cannes in the distance and the pool at the bottom.  "Amahl, another Coke Zero with lime, s'il voussoirs plait."






One thing they don't tell you about pregnancy is that it has a whole slew of crazy side effects that no one talks about.  most disturbing to me these days is the anxiety--the-keep-you-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night worry that your house isn't clean enough and what will you do if your husband dies kind of anxiety.  This week another source of anxiety has reared its ugly head.  The "why on earth am I having another kid?" anxiety and "am I never going to have free time or extra income ever again?" anxiety.


Well dad, this was my view this morning.  It didn't come with any coke zero (darn it), extra income or free time but it was still pretty good.



3 comments:

  1. There's a lot of things about pregnancy they never tell you . . . :) But yes, yes and yes. You will have free time, and yes extra income! And what is Claire doing or playing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you have the best of view of all. I wish we got to see more of her here.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being pregnant! I have the same fears about the next kid. Not that I'm currently pregnant. But you are a great Mom and you soon to be "kids" are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete