Monday, May 16, 2011

The Weekend in Photos

At the flower fields in Carlsbad.  Acres and Acres of ranunculus in bloom--kind of like heaven.  Next year we're taking family pictures here.  Oh, and guess who's walking for real now.  I'll have to take a video--it looks a little like a cross between a penguin and Frankenstein. We spend lots of time practicing.




Sunday evening walk at La Jolla Cove. Claire had a hard time understanding why we were close to the beach and not in the water.  She kept pointing at the water and grunting; letting us know what she wanted. One of the great joys of Claire's life is chasing waves. 



 

And last but not least, this weekend I did something that I do pretty often and every time I do I swear that I will never do it again.  Have you ever looked in the mirror and decided that you can not live with your hair for even 1 more second? That happened this weekend. So I cut it off. By myself. (I didn't realize that when your hair falls out after you have a baby it grows back a couple of months later.  My whole head is covered with a halo of curly hair that's only 3 inches long. It's driving my crazy)

My college roommate Melissa said that cutting your own hair was the last step on a slippery slope that lead to self doctoring and self dentistry. 

She may be right.

4 comments:

  1. I've been cutting my own hair since high school! I still haven't tried to fill my own tooth, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think it's kind of cute missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so that you know thats not a lie, it would look better with a little color touchup, but the basic idea is cute.

    Dont hate me.

    I always need a color touchup, and they are more noticeable in photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing hysterically at the mental image of Missy saying that!

    ReplyDelete