Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Claire's Book Club: Revised

When I first started book club online Claire had a book club too.  But it just didn't work out.  Something about ordering the book from the library and looking for them.  So I'm revising it. Instead of picking a book and talking about it at the end of the month I'm just going to tell you what's on our reading list this week.



We heard Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus at story time at our local library and Claire was enthralled.  I'm not sure if she loved the book or if she loved the huge amount of giggling that was happening all around her.  Regardless, you are going to love it.





Claire picked out Little Beauty all by herself at the library last week.  The story is funny (but a little weird as they say that it's based on a true story but at one point the kitten is doing sign language?...weird) but Claire loves the pictures.  The gorilla and his big eyes are fascinating to her. The kitten is also a hit. Claire says, "dog" and points to the kitten. (I think she thinks that dog means animal so every time she sees a dog or a cat she says "dog"). She has brought this book to me several times this week and the books that I have picked out for her have been left on the shelf (maybe a lesson for mom to learn there).

Okay.  So what are you reading to your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment