Tuesday, January 17, 2012

After all, it is the new year

It's the new year. And you know what that means--my maxed out dental plan restarts so I can go back to long disgusting appointments in the dentist's chair.

Here are a couple of things you could hear from the dentist chair that might be an indication that you are in for a long (as in more than 4 hours), painful and very expensive ride.


  • "Looks like we're doing teeth 2,3,4,5 and 30.  Can you remember that.  Don't worry.  I can."
  • [turning to the assistant] "I have not seen water come out of a tooth in a very long time"
  • "This is deep.  Really deep."
  • "There is a lot of blood here.  I mean a lot. We would have been done a while ago but I just can't get this to stop bleeding."

I am assuaging my pain with jamba juice and cheese toast and maybe I will make the hubbs take me to Taco Bell for dinner.

**Remember that Usher video from yesterday?  I've watched it a couple of times in the last day and I have come to one conclusion.  If, when I was very upset, my first reaction was to take of my shirt and strut around half-naked I don't think I'd have as much trouble with wanting to binge eat candy when I'm upset.

I'm taking that into consideration--there may be more half-naked strutting happening around my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment