Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Yesterday I read a blog post written by someone who is turning 30 this year.  She is worried about aging and suddenly being old and not in touch anymore.  I have a hard time connecting with the sentiment.  Maybe you should ask me when I'm 40 and the sun spots on my hands, which are just now starting to appear, are dark and  hard to disguise but I have loved getting older.  When I turned 30 I was still working and I remember thinking that I had made a huge step professionally and finally people would start to take me more seriously.  That suddenly I wasn't just a recent college graduate but someone with work experience and a little bit of time under my belt.

The blog writer lamenting turning 30 asked if she could wear clothes from Forever 21 and H&M (don't be ridiculous--of course) and if she could still wear big flowery head bands (really?  That is a ridiculous question because of course you should NEVER do this no matter your age).

In order to prove that being 30 is even better than being 20 I have spent the last 30 minutes compiling picture evidence.  Here you go.

20 is cute and fun.







But 30.  30 is something even better.







3 comments:

  1. I think I was a bit freaked out about turning 30 and not being married or having kids and feeling old until I decided to embrace it. You are right, 30 is SO MUCH better than 20!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Scott Adam's blog about your "permanent age". http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/the_dilbert_blog/2007/03/whats_your_perm.html

    I'm with Scott -- 42 sounds perfect. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even describe how much I prefer the 30s to the 20s! WE ARE SO MUCH CUTER NOW! (Although the sun damage on my cheekbones is a bit disconcerting. I've been experimenting with Retin A and more sunscreen. Hmph.)

    ReplyDelete