Saturday, January 14, 2012

There are two types of people in this world...

Dr. Leo Marvin: Are you married? 
Bob Wiley: I'm divorced. 
Dr. Leo Marvin: Would you like to talk about that? 
Bob Wiley: There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him. 
Dr. Leo Marvin: [pause] I see. So, what you're saying is that even though you are an almost-paralyzed, multiphobic personality who is in a constant state of panic, your wife did not leave you, you left her because she... liked Neil Diamond?


*********


So it turns out that there is another way to segment society.  There are two types of people in this world: Those who like cruises, and those who don't.  Turns out that the hubbs and I belong to the latter category.  


Oh the rocking.


And the huge quantity of mediocre food that is constantly surrounding you.  I'm getting heart burn just thinking about it


And the having a toddler in a confined space.


And the boat that smelled like raw sewage.


Not.  Good. 


Don't get me wrong, Catalina was awesome, Ensenada was great and we loved spending time with family but the large boat is where the whole equation went south.  I think next time we'll just stick with a hotel.







3 comments:

  1. Oh man, my whole dream has just been squelched. Mediocre food? GAAAHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, you quoted one of my favorite movies of all time. I would watch that over and over.

    Second, I've never really thought of myself as a cruise person, but in the last few weeks I've been hearing a lot about cruises that people have been on, and have been thinking, that sounds kinda fun! Now I'm glad you've got me thinking again...I am very susceptible to motion sickness, after all.

    Third, I'm glad you had fun, despite the ship!

    P.S. I hope this doesn't show up a dozen times. I'm having a hard time getting the comment to go through...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of the hubbs with the little one is precious!

    I took that exact same cruise and loved it... but I was 18 and it was my graduation trip. And I met my first boyfriend there and consequently hardly ate anything.

    ReplyDelete