Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Good and Cheap

Have you seen this amazing new cookbook?


This brilliant woman made a cookbook for people living on food stamps.  All of the ingredients are available for those on food stamps and each recipe is based on cost per serving.  And the best part?  It's free. I love that it's a cookbook for those on food stamps that really looks like a cook book--awesome pictures, easy directions and lots of explanation about how to substitute things that you don't have on hand.

I downloaded the PDF and made corn meal crusted veggies on Sunday {do not ask how my family responded. They were delicious.  I know this because I ate all of them because no one else would touch them.  It was a zucchini we grew in our yard!  Claire helped me pick it and she still wouldn't touch it.}.




Leanne Brown also has a vegetarian cookbook which I also downloaded for free and if you think my family isn't going to be forced to eat Chana dal you are wrong.  I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment