Thursday, April 21, 2011

Love and Devotion

Claire loves me. When she falls (which happens all the time) I am the one she wants to comfort her.  Today when a floor lamp tipped over on her the only thing that comforted her was sitting on my lap snuggling.

But Claire is devoted to her dad.  She follows him around the house and cries when he leaves the room.  This morning she and I were playing in the living room when she got tired of me and headed to visit her dad. He was in the bathroom.  She literally picked sitting on her dad's lap while he pooped to playing with me.  He's also her favorite reading (and sport watching) partner.  I'm trying not to let it hurt my feelings and I'm making myself feel better telling myself that I'm way better at doing crazy voices for her books than her dad (which is true).



1 comment: