Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

The celebrity numerologist that they interviewed on the local TV station morning show said that today was a good day for new starts.  I read the close captioning of her interview while I was on the treadmill at the gym.  From what I could gather what you are supposed to do to harness the day's numerological power is write a list of the things that you want to change in your life, light a white candle and then sit back and let the day's power sweep over you.  Then get to work.

While on the treadmill I actually considered doing this.  I thought of the things in my life that I could do better.  I thought about harder workouts, more natural food, afternoon educational play time a schedule that includes art time and music time every day.

Then I came to my senses and  instead of picking apart the minutia of my life and judging myself against some unattainable measure of perfection I decided that I would wish for one thing.

To have a grateful heart.

So consider this my note and white candle.  I am going to work on being thankful.  Instead of worrying if I can get into my skinny jeans (for the record I can't right now)I am going to be thankful for skinny jeans and the chubby kind too.  Instead of begrudging having to budget and skimp I am going to be thankful for a husband who loves that I stay home and has a job that can support us.

Grateful for thrift store finds,

for sunny mornings



and lots of good friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment