Friday, March 30, 2012

You can run but you can't hide

Claire likes to keep a close eye on things around here.  She likes to constantly know where people are and what they're doing.

I go into her room to get her in the morning or after her nap she'll ask where her dad is.  I say, "Where do you think he is?" She responds, "work." If I tell her he's not at work then she'll say, "potty?"

When her dad goes into her room in the morning she asks where I am.  He says, "Where do you think she is?" She responds, "blankets."  Meaning that I am either in bed or on the couch snuggled in blankets.

You can't hide your true self from a toddler.

1 comment:

  1. I think we might actually have the same child. Ellie went through a phase where she would freak out when Adam was at work and would search for him all over the house. The first two places she would look were the bathroom and the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete