Wednesday, August 10, 2011

When You've Got it, You've Got it

While I was home I spent some time working in my dad's office. For his birthday this year I changed some of his old LPs to MP3s.  While I was digging through his things (a girl has to do something while waiting for those files to convert). I found this picture of my older sister, my dad and me.



I love everything about it. I love the smiles, the attitude, the clothes (look at those socks with the hearts on them), the hair....but mostly I just love the people (and the pizazzy Tyra pose I'm striking).   

Sometimes I long for a time when I was that self confident and assured while picture taking.  These days I tend to spend my time taking pictures worrying that my tummy looks big or my hair looks frizzy.  I'd like to take a lesson from my 4-year-old self--just throw out your hips and stare down the camera and everything else will work out fine. 

*Also, if any of you are still getting a malware warning please let me know.  I think I took care of the problem but my computer skills are so basic that I can never be sure.

1 comment:

  1. I do totally love your attitude, but I have to admit I'm distracted by your sister's collar. HELLO! Only in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete