Friday, February 11, 2011

The "c" word

There is a moment that my husband dreads more than any other in our lives.

Let me set the stage.

We're lying in bed and I'm feeling sad, lonely and insecure. I snuggle over to my husband and say the dreaded words, "Honey, say 5 nice things about me." He hates that. Compliments--the dreaded "C" word--do not come easily to the hubbs. Normally, that's not a problem. I'm not really the kind of a girl who needs or wants compliments all the time (I tend to think that people are being insincere if the compliments flow too easily). But sometimes...sometimes I just need someone to say 5 nice things about me.

We've reached a stage in our relationship where he can say 5 nice things but there was a time when saying things like that made him so uncomfortable the he just couldn't do it. Those days weren't too pretty (tears, fights and hysterical accusations of "then you don't love me!" would ensue).

After talking to lots of ladies I'm pretty sure scenes like this are playing out in bedrooms all over. The details may be different but the idea is the same.

Here is my Valentines Gift to the men of the world. Last night I made this Mad-Lib style Valentine for our party and thought I would share it with the rest of the men-folk. I jumped into the dating game pretty late in life which means that I have spent more hours than your average girl scanning MSN and Yahoo for dating advice which I think kind of makes me an expert on what girls want to hear.

Men, all you need to do is fill this out, cut it out and decorate it. Depending on what your family budget allows this can also be accompanied by a gift card from Nordstroms (some people say candy is the best option but in my mind that's a mixed bag. I love candy but always feel guilty after polishing off a whole bag). Done and Done.

Happy Valentines Day.
Loves
S

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I think guys like anything that takes the pressure off of saying the wrong thing. Silly boys... ANYTHING nice is the right thing! :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Sallee :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete