Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For Love of American Lit

On Sunday one of our friends, in paying a compliment to his wife, quoted Mark Twain. He introduced The Diary of Adam and Eve (I have not read any of the set but I am adding them to the list), set up the whole funeral scene and then quoted Adam having eulogized*, "wheresoever she was, there was Eden." He then said that was true of his relationship with his wife and young daughter....


"wheresoever {they are}, there {is} Eden."

The hubbs isn't someone who 1)would think to say something like that or 2)would look to American literature to find it, but for just a minute let's pretend that he (or your SO who might be the same kind of fellow that mine is) did say that. Swoon.

So, I guess I'll have to be the one to say it to my dear family..."wheresoever you are, there is my Eden."



Us taking our own picture at La Jolla Cove (it was impossible to get the Sea Lions in the background but we sure did try)

*I hope I'm not the only one who things of Zoolander whenever I hear or say the word eulogy (or any of it's derivatives). Best. Movie. Ever.

1 comment: